Monday, May 14, 2012

I Remember...

...A boy I dated in the 1950s, who had been born in Germany and emigrated with his family. I don't remember where we met, but I do recall that he was a talented classical musician and artist (I have one of his pen sketches somewhere around here of Toscanini holding a baton).

He wrote a piano symphony for me and performed it in an empty Mary Louis Academy auditorium, with me as the sole listener. I suppose that doesn't happen to many people. It was like a movie. It must have been a weekend because there was no one around but us.

I wish I knew where he was today, all these years later.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Greetings Mary,

I hope you and your family are well. ...For me...another very hectic spurt of 'life and all its trimmings' the past few months...I'm sure you can relate. :) I'm so glad I dropped by for a visit to your wonderful site...greeted with this lovely memory! Wonderful!

Best always,

Kathleen

Featured Post

Mary Oliver

Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon? Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?