Monday, May 14, 2012

I Remember...

...A boy I dated in the 1950s, who had been born in Germany and emigrated with his family. I don't remember where we met, but I do recall that he was a talented classical musician and artist (I have one of his pen sketches somewhere around here of Toscanini holding a baton).

He wrote a piano symphony for me and performed it in an empty Mary Louis Academy auditorium, with me as the sole listener. I suppose that doesn't happen to many people. It was like a movie. It must have been a weekend because there was no one around but us.

I wish I knew where he was today, all these years later.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Greetings Mary,

I hope you and your family are well. ...For me...another very hectic spurt of 'life and all its trimmings' the past few months...I'm sure you can relate. :) I'm so glad I dropped by for a visit to your wonderful site...greeted with this lovely memory! Wonderful!

Best always,

Kathleen